Access Keys:

 
 
Joseph's Centre for the Deaf, Belfast
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Welcome

 
 
 

Background to St. Joseph’s Centre for the Deaf

St. Joseph’s Centre for the Deaf, prior to 1981 was known as St. Joseph’s Association and had been a part of Belfast’s deaf community for over 50 years. From 1950, Bread street was the permanent base for St. Joseph’s Social Club for a period of 22 years, in 1972, it was so badly damage, it could no longer be used. 1981-1983 a committee was set up to raise funds for a new centre, a site on the Grosvenor Rd was acquired and building started soon after. The new building was opened in 1983 and became the home for St. Joseph’s Centre for the Deaf, a hub continuing to provide support for deaf community with specific focus on their Spiritual, Pastoral, Educational and Social needs.

 

Latest News

5th Dec 2023
Irish Sign Language (ISL) 10wk Beginners course facilitated by John Carberry MBEISL...
 
 
 
 
28th Feb 2024
The MAC Belfast is facilitating a Community Deaf Festival. Everyone welcome to join...
 
 
 
 
 
5th Dec 2023
Congratulations to everyone completing John Carberry MBE, 10wk Introduction to BSL...
 
 
 
 
 

Where Are We?

Where Are We?
 

Welcome